1) You are beautiful… but you’ll only experience the feeling of beauty when you see yourself as beautiful (and feel it from within). Chasing beauty and needing others to see you a certain way just leads to frustration and more chasing. It will never feel like enough because the person you really want the love and admiration from is yourself.
2) There’s nothing wrong with you – this one comes from an author I love named “Cheri Huber”. How many women are living with the feeling that deep down “There’s something wrong with me”… “I’m broken”… “I’m messed up”? I want you to know that there is nothing wrong with you and you don’t need to change who you are in order to be worthy of love and happiness.
3) Be yourself. By being uniquely you and embracing your own special set of talents, skills, passions and personality you inspire other women to do the same. I like the expression “bloom where you’re planted”.
4) Express Gratitude, Kindness and Love at every opportunity. If you like someone’s hairstyle…tell them. It takes 3 seconds to say the words and can put a smile on their face for the rest of the day. It also makes you feel good to be kind to others. There is so much in your life that you can be thankful for… savor it, enjoy it, live your life fully.
5) Forget about time. The idea that you’re too young or too old to make a dream come true isn’t real. The fact that some else has 2 businesses, a house, 3 cars, and is married with 3 kids by 35 has nothing to do with what you should do with your own life. It shouldn’t let you think that you can’t start a brand new business at 70 or at 16. This is your life experience… live it true to you. Go for what’s in your heart and let others do the same.